Melissa & Doug Melissa & Doug Fridge Food Set
Unpack these "chilled" wooden groceries into your play fridge and freezer for delicious food play. Perfect for make-believe play, or as novel manipulatives for counting, sorting and more. Nine wooden pieces include orange juice, waffles, milk, ice cream, cheese, yogurt, bologna, frozen vegetables and butter.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to identify each food item, and to count them (9).
- Ask the child to identify which items belong in the refrigerator, and which belong in the freezer. Ask the child to identify letters of the alphabet on the food items.
- Ask the child to identify shapes found on each food item. (rectangles, circles, triangles, etc.)
- Ask the child to identify colors found on each food item. (red, green, yellow, etc.)
- Ask the child to prepare a make-believe meal using the Fridge Food items.
- Play "store" and ask the child to fill your grocery order.
- Ask the child to stack the Fridge Food items as high as he/she can before they topple.