Yumbox Original - 6 Compartment - Dream Purple
Adding product to your cart
YUMBOX ORIGINAL - 6 COMPARTMENT
● 6-compartment food tray (illustrated)
● Includes exterior box and tray insert with illustrated Kite theme.
● Five 1/2 cup portions (approximately 2.5 cups) of the key food groups plus dip/treat well.
● Pack wet foods like yogurt and dips (not water).
● Ideal for toddlers-age 8.
● This Yumbox is for kids that like variety. It’s perfect for picky eaters.
● Dimensions: 8.5 (l) x 6.5 (w) x 1.8 (h) inches, weighs 1 lbs 1.5 oz.
Is Yumbox leakproof?
Yes. Yumbox is a leakproof container. Yumbox’s silicone lid engages with the tray to create a tight seal keeping food contents in place, including wet foods like yogurt and applesauce (not water). Foods will not leak between compartments or outside of the box.
How do I pack wet foods?
Yumbox is designed to hold wet foods but not liquids. To ensure that food stays in place and does not leak to other compartments, follow these 4 Easy Steps:
1) Do not overfill compartments (an overfilled compartment could cause another to leak as well);
2) Remove any excess liquid from canned fruit, applesauce and yogurts;
3) Keep contents cool by adding an ice pack to your lunch tote;
4) When closing Yumbox, press down on the lid with the palm of your hand and snap latch to closed position to create the best seal.
Do not pack yogurt drinks, soups or runny/watery dressings.
Do pack foods with the consistency of ranch dressing, ketchup, chunky salsas, hummus, yogurt, and veggie dips. These are all great options. Some oily vinaigrettes may leak out of the dip well. One trick that can help keep vinaigrettes in place is to dress the salad and top it with a few croutons. The croutons will absorb excess oil/liquid and keep the vinaigrette from seeping into a neighboring compartment. If you are not sure if your food choice is too liquidy to pack, we suggest that you conduct a quick test before sending your child to school with that food. Simply add the test food to a compartment, close Yumbox properly and give it a good shake (or leave it on its side for 10 min.). Set Yumbox back to normal position and open to see the results.
FOR MORE DETAILS, PLEASE REFER TO: https://www.yumboxlunch.com/faq/