Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate the gift of love and show your appreciation of those you hold dearest to you - not just your partner or spouse, but also your children!
Get your little ones involved and show them how much they really mean to you with these 7 fun Valentine's gift giving ideas
1. Blow up a couple dozen red, pink, and white balloons the night before Valentine's Day. Then, when your kid(s) is sleeping, open their bedroom door a crack and throw the balloons in. They'll definitely wake up with a smile!
2. Put a little heart into their meals. Literally! Try your hand at making heart-shaped pancakes.(Tip: pour the batter into an empty 20-oz bottle for easy shape making.) Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter for sandwiches or toast. Halve strawberries. Get creative!
3. Hide a small Valentine's Day gift for your child and draw a treasure map to it.
4. Hide a bunch of valentines in places you know your child will find them throughout the day. For example, the medicine cabinet, their lunchbox, in a shoe, under their pillow, taped to the milk carton, etc. Write little notes on them or give them candy or stickers-- just let them know you're thinking of them.
5. Flowers aren't just for romance. Give your kid(s) a small bouquet with a note and they'll be beaming!
6. Have a dessert-before-dinner night. Try a make-your-own-sundae bar, red and pink cupcakes, strawberry shortcake, or something else festive.
7. Make your kid(s) a memorable valentine. Choose a great photo of them, mount it on pretty paper, and write down everything you love about them.